This month has been so fun. I don't know why it seems different for me but it seems that I've had more energy and been so much more productive than I've been for months. Maybe it was turning the ripe old age of 29 that kicked me into gear!
I decided to make homemade grape juice from the grapes that grow on our own vine! I feel so domestic, I love it. I've never canned before so this was a whole new, and I'm afraid addicting experience. The green grapes we got from Tom's boss and I'm anxious to try it and see how it turned out. The purple juice I know is delicious!
The juicer, borrowed from a friend, working away.
I got a food dehydrator for my birthday and Tom's cousin gave us a bunch of elk meat, which worked out perfectly for Tom! Because he LOVES elk jerky, convenient I know.
I absolutely LOVE this kid. He's the light of my life and the reason I'm filled with joy almost every moment of every day. He's into everything! He walks and runs everywhere, still falling quite a bit. He says momma, dadda, and bye. He's obsessed w/ anything small and pointy, like pens, and anything he shouldn't have. He adores his dad and clung to him when he got so sick last month w/ a double ear infection, so sad. He's almost always happy and as of last night he slept from 7:20 - 6:45 which makes mom very happy! I'm crossing my fingers that this becomes routine. There's so many things I'm forgetting that melt my heart every day. I love you my sweet little Jacob, I hope I always show you that!
Jacob LOVES to throw balls. He'd do it for ever if someone was there to get the balls every time they go under the couch, table, etc.
Uncle Martin turned 50 yesterday. I made him "dirty dessert" and Megan found these Halloween props to make it more fun. Happy Birthday Martin!
My mom's aunt and uncle came to the party. Myron and Revis.
Stevie and his girlfriend TaLor.
My mom's sister Danette and her daughter Betsy.
Taylor and his friend Jamie.
Okay, so this might get kinda long, I've been on a health kick lately and really wanting to find new recipes of super healthy and kid friendly meals and snacks. I found this recipe for homemade granola bars from www.whatscookingwithkids.com. I really like except I tweaked it a little to fit us a little better. I did it w/ the chocolate chips the first time but think it made it too sweet for a daily snack for Jacob so I took those out and its still super yummy and Jacob approved! I'm writing this down for myself really because I don't want to forget what I did, but I hope you enjoy too.
2 cups unbleached oats
1 cup walnuts
1 1/2 cup dried fruit
1/2 tsp cinnamon
2 large eggs
1/4 cup honey
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly coat 8x8 baking dish w/ nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
2. Put oats, walnuts, fruit, cinnamon and a dash of salt in food processor and pulse until mixture is finely chopped.
3. Whisk together the eggs, honey and vanilla in a large bowl until well blended. Add the oat mixture and chocolate chips and stir to combine.
4. Spread mixture evenly in prepared pan and bake for about 18 min.
1 comments:
Amber I am so glad you guys are doing so good!! Your little boy is a complete cutie pie. I to have been a "domestic lady" and it feels good hu??
Post a Comment