Monday, June 16, 2008

Camping!

Tom and I went camping w/ his parents this weekend! We went up to Groundhog Lake which is above Delores, CO. It's absolutely beautiful! I didn't get very many good pictures. I mostly got pictures of the beautiful scenery and the deer that seemed to be everywhere. But these few pics might give you a hint of how amazing this place is.

Tom carved our initials in a tree and then took me there to propose. This is us standing on top of the mountain but you actually have to hike almost straight down to where our tree stands. With the snow and weather the past years the hike has become more and more difficult, so we thought we'd take a chunk of our tree before the tree falls for good.
Tom's parents are so wonderful! I had such a blast hanging out w/ them this weekend.
This is the view from where Tom proposed. I love Colorado so much, there's nothing like those beautiful mountains.


This is one of the many pictures I took of deer. I'm so fascinated by them and how graceful they are. We saw a few bucks too but I wasn't quick enough to catch their picture.



1 comments:

Jess and Matt said...

SO beautiful! I love tom's cowboy hat, very festive. I am so glad that you took your piece of the tree! That will be so fun to have, especially since it was in danger where it was :) What a fun weekened, YAY!